Sevenoaks Weald comes from the Anglian word ‘wald’ meaning a ‘forest, high forest
land’ combined with a place name; therefore, ‘forest; adjacent to Sevenoaks’.
Sevenoaks Weald parish church is a Grade: II listed building, dedicated to Saint
George, and built in 1820 as a Chapel-of-Ease to St Nicholas, Sevenoaks. A painting,
in the church, suggests the west tower dates later than the nave. Thomas Graham Jackson
built the chancel in 1872. The church gained parish status in 1894.