Hucking comes from the Old English ‘ingas’ meaning the ‘people of, people called
after’ combined with a warlord’s name; therefore the ‘people of Hucca’.
Hucking parish church is a Grade: II listed building, dedicated to Saint Margaret.
The Normans built it around 1100 as a Chapel-of-Ease to All Saints, Hollingbourne.
They added the south chapel in the 13th century and lengthened the chancel later
that century. The Victorians carried out a major restoration in 1867…. more