Four Elms parish church is dedicated to St Paul and built in the 1880’s, by Edwin
Hall, the architect of Liberty’s store in London. The church is concrete faced with
sandstone and thought to be the oldest of its kind in England. The famous Arts and
Crafts protagonist, William Lethaby, designed much of the interior, and a finer example
of his work would not be seen in Kent.
The Four Elms Inn first became established in the 14th century, although with additions
and attachments since, especially with the 18th century extension.
Locals founded the Four Elms Cricket Club in 1886.